Pastoral ProgramPRINT THIS ARTICLE
Our Pastoral Program is focused on building positive relationships, promoting mental health and wellbeing and encouraging holistic growth.
The College has a structured Pastoral program delivered by Mentor teachers during regular Well Being periods. All pastoral activities are underpinned by Mind Matters framework. The College has developed a series of creative and varied pastoral strategies, which are preventative, interventional and restorative.
Other Pastoral Care & Wellbeing activities include:
- Seasons for Growth Program
- Outdoor Recreation Program;
- Senior spiritual retreats;
- Award and recognition system;
- Student Representative Council opportunities;
- Year 7 and 10 Peer Support Program;
- Girls lunchtime motivational talks;
- Lunchtime games club;
- Student Leader mentoring program;
- College Mentoring program;
- Peer Support program;
- Student led initiatives such as RUOK day, National Day Against Bullying & Violence, Mind Matters peer presentations and St Leo’s Day Fair;
- Guest presenters for students and Parent Involvement Evenings around the topics of online safety & cyber bullying, healthy relationships, adolescent mental health and study habits;
- Targeted programs that cater to the specific needs for each year group. Examples include: Men of Honour, Day of Hope, GPs in Schools, Brainstorm productions, Girls KYUP – self defence, Seasons for Growth and the Outback Pilgrimage;
- Close liaison with a network of external service providers when required.