The Light of Christ CentrePRINT THIS ARTICLE
The Light of Christ Centre was completed and opened in September 2011. The Hall is a joint venture instigated by Bishop David Walker and built in conjunction with Diocese and Our Lady of the Rosary Primary School BER.
The multi purpose hall is situated on the lower oval at St Leo’s and its primary function is to act as the hall facilities for the OLOR/Diocesan Cathedral. The facilities are also available for St Leo’s, OLOR Primary, the Waitara Parish and the Broken Bay Community.
The hall has two main areas sectioned off by a foldable/removable wall. The larger, seats 1700 and also offers two full sized basketball courts and a competition sized netball court. There is a full stage with audiovisual support for all events. This area is utilised by St Leo’s College for sport, drama and community events such as end of year presentation evenings.
The second smaller area seats approximately 600 and is utilised in the main by OLOR Primary School.
When fully opened the hall has a seating capacity of up to approximately 2300.
In 2012, Bishop Walker surveyed community members and created the name; The Light of Christ Centre for the facility that fully represents all facets of the Broken Bay Diocese.