Careers CounsellingPRINT THIS ARTICLE
A range of services are available for students:
- Subject Selection advice to Year 10 students moving to Year 11 and for Year 11 students wanting to alter their HSC study options.
- TAFE Taster courses for Year 10 students seeking VET Pathways.
- Advice on university, TAFE or private tertiary college study options.
- Assistance to students applying for industry cadetships, scholarship and Educational Access Schemes.
- Skills Identification and Careers Interest Mentoring using Job Jump website.
- Assistance with individual students’ Work Experience programmes.
- Job Search skills for apprenticeships, traineeships and cadetships including resume preparation.
- Attendance at a Careers Expo in Year 11.
- Library lunchtime talks and presentations from industry and tertiary providers.
- Excursions for students targeting specific industries. Eg. Girls in STEM Careers
- Defence Force talks
Students have the opportunity to make individual appointments to discuss possible career pathways in light of their personal attributes, abilities and interests. Students in Years 10-12 also have access to careers development within their Mentor Group where activities and discussions will assist with their Career goals and e learning portfolios.
A range of Career learning experiences and opportunities are provided throughout the year. These programs and initiatives as well as Careers updates and job opportunities are outlined in the College newsletter or in Skoolbag as they become available.