Careers CounsellingPRINT THIS ARTICLE
Careers counselling and advice is available to all students, and we provide a range of Career learning experiences and opportunities throughout their time at the College.
Students and parents can make appointments to discuss possible career pathways in light of the student’s personal attributes, abilities and interests. Students in Years 10–12 can also access careers development within their Mentor Group, where activities and discussions will help with their career goals and digital portfolios.
Our range of services available to students include:
- Subject Selection advice to Year 10 students moving to Year 11, and for Year 11 students wanting to alter their HSC study options
- TAFE Taster courses for Year 10 students seeking VET Pathways
- Advice on university, TAFE or private tertiary college study options
- Help for students applying for industry cadetships, scholarship and Educational Access Schemes
- Skills Identification and Careers Interest Mentoring using the Job Jump website
- Help with their Work Experience programmes
- Job Search skills for apprenticeships, traineeships and cadetships, including resume preparation
- Attendance at a Careers Expo in Years 11 and 12
- Library lunchtime talks and presentations from industry and tertiary providers
- Excursions for students targeting specific industries (e.g. Girls in STEM Careers, World Skills Trade Exhibition)
- Defence Force talks