OverviewPRINT THIS ARTICLE
Activities beyond the classroom are an essential part of a student’s holistic development. We provide an array of co-curricular activities designed to introduce students to a variety of challenges and experiences, and allow them to extend themselves in areas of interest and passion.
Students can compete in a range of representative sports through our tiered Sporting Program. The College has an active co-curricular music program, with many musical ensembles that cater for students of all abilities. Students can participate in drama productions, music groups and the annual College Musical.
Students can also be involved in debating and public speaking through the Catholic Schools Debating Association (CSDA) competition held in Terms 1 and 2, as well as a number of other public speaking competitions.
St Leo’s students are encouraged to showcase their creative talents through experiences such as:
- interactive sessions with Australian Slam Poetry Champion Luka Lessons
- Shakespeare Interactive
- the Write-a-Book-in-a-Day experience
- entering a variety of writing competitions.
Students are encouraged to enter local, State and National competitions and challenges relating to areas of study or co-curricular activities. St Leo’s students regularly receive High Distinctions, Distinctions, Credits and other commendable certificates of recognition.
Other extra-curricular activities include:
- the Peer Support and Peer Mentoring program
- The Retreat and Reflection program
- lunchtime sports competitions
- lunchtime Games Club
- Chess Club
- leadership opportunities such as the Student Representative Council
- House system
- opportunities to be involved in a wide range of social justice opportunities.