Disney’s Beauty and The Beast JR. – have a look at a sneak peek video here!

PRINT THIS ARTICLE

To view a short teaser video, click on the link below.  Thanks to Heather Rollo for the photography and Camryn Gower of Year 12 for assembling the clip

Click here

St Leo’s Catholic College opens its curtains to packed audiences next Wednesday evening through to Saturday night, for their stage performances of Disney’s ‘Beauty and the Beast Jr’.  

No wonder this centuries-old fairytale of ‘Beauty and the Beast’ was chosen as St Leo’s Catholic College’s annual musical because it just about covers every base for all children. “With beautifully written songs and energetic dance, intertwined with a love story about finding inner beauty; a couple of bad guys; a smart confident young woman; a beast and a handsome young prince, all culminating in the ultimate love-story happy ending, it’s a tale as old as time” said Co-Director and Music Teacher Mrs Olivia Gauci.

The cast of 60 have been rehearsing just once a week since October last year, and have managed to squeeze in two full days of rehearsals over the holidays. The lead roles of Belle and The Beast are played by Emily Mostyn (aged 15 in Year 10) and Sam Harmon (aged 17, Year 12). 

Sam, who has played the lead in the College’s previous productions of ‘High School Musical’ and ‘Guys N Dolls’ said “This role has offered me a challenge, and unleashing my inner beast was certainly different to the other roles I’ve played. Performing on stage with my friends has created a loving, positive and rewarding atmosphere. I am sad this is my final year of College musicals, but I hope my career options will keep me in the spotlight.”

This is the first lead role for Emily,  said “I am very excited to perform in this wonderful production. The cast and teachers have been amazing. It’s been a challenge learning all the choreography, lines and songs and then juggling school work and commitments to ensure I didn’t miss a rehearsal. The whole cast and crew have put in a mammoth effort and we all have so much more confidence in our own abilities now. I absolutely love this production and recommend everyone come along and enjoy the performance.”

The Performances commence with a preview evening on Wednesday 9th May at 6pm, primary school matinees on Thursday 10th and Friday 11th May at 11am, evening performances at 7pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night and a Saturday matinee at 2pm. 

Please click here to purchase tickets to this year’s amazing musical and be our guest!

Tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for students and $50 for a family of four.

Performance dates are:

Wednesday 9th May at 6pm

Thursday 10th May at 7pm

Friday 11th May at 7pm

Saturday 12th May at 2pm and 7pm

Testimonials

• “We chose this high school for our children because of the pastoral care for the students and the academic focus that is balanced with physical development.”

Contact Us

stleos@dbb.catholic.edu.au

16 Woolcott Ave Wahroonga
NSW 2076
Phone: 02 9487 3555
Fax: 02 9487 2637

Awards and Partners